Friday, July 13, 2007

Ike Goes Under Library Spell

Magic Mike visited the Amherst Public Library last night where he presented his program Trick-A-Nosis, an evening of magical mind games. I had never been hypnotized before and was curious to how the whole thing worked. Plus Mrs. Ashton had cookies and lemonade which was reason enough to be there.


Mike started off the program explaining how hypnotism works and a bit of history on the subject. Then he proceeded to hypnotize several volunteers. He had us singing "Happy Birthday" like opera stars and even speaking in alien languages. Mike even had me glued to my seat, literally! Wow, I just know that I woke up feeling like I'd been at the doggie spa for a week.


I think the audience had a good time and the volunteers even got a nice parting gift, just like on Jeopardy. I got a nice travel mug but I could have used a dog dish. In keeping with his stage name, Mike performed a bit of magic for us including a quick lesson in escape magic. After an audience member secured him into a strait jacket, Mike showed us his Houdini side by escaping in record time. Mrs. Ashton is consulting with him on the posibility of getting more strait jackets at the library.


For more info on Magic Mike check out his web site at http://www.magicmikeproductions.com/

See you soon at the library.

Love,

Ike










No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your message for Ike here...